Productivity. Don’t we all love that word after we’ve accomplished something amazing? After that big project got completed? After all the work has been done and we have incredible results to celebrate?
Of course, we all like the end result of fast and focused productivity, but how many of us have problems getting the whole ball rolling?
Here’s 5 brilliant ways to improve your productivity:
- One task at a time. Really. Let your mind focus on one thing at a time and you’ll get the job done. Easier said than done? OK, set a timer. Play a game with yourself. Challenge yourself to complete that task before the timer goes off. You’ll be amazed!
- Set goals. How many times have you heard this one? There’s a reason. It works! You see, this is probably the most brilliant productivity tip of all because once you actually see what you want to accomplish, it creates clarity and motivation. All of a sudden your goals are concrete!
- Bed time game plan. I’m sharing my biggest secret here. Just before you go to bed, write down the five tasks you want to achieve the next day. I know. It sounds so cheesy! But it works! I use this technique all the time and I challenge you to try it for one week. See if you don’t agree that the next day your productivity is off the chain on those tasks!
- Give up perfectionism. You know it doesn’t exist, so stop trying to change reality! Your insistence on everything being perfect will slow you down and hinder your results. Enough said. Tell that nagging voice in your head it’s “good enough” and move on.
- Read e-mails last. This one stroke of brilliance will change your business. Unless you are waiting on a specific answer to an e-mail, don’t go there until everything else is done. Trust me. You’ll thank me later.
Yes, I’m a first-class procrastinator and an easily-distracted work-at-home, so I know first hand how hard daily productivity can be. But I choose to begin my focus with the end result in sight because that’s the first step in getting it all done!
Now that you know my daily productivity secrets, let’s hear yours in the comments! Thanks!