Twitter. Still the darling of the social media sites, in my opinion.
It’s one of the easiest and best ways to have conversations with your ideal audience.
However, engagement is the key to your success and many people don’t quite understand how to get and keep it going.
Here’s 7 Powerful Ways to Increase Your Twitter Engagement:
- Don’t talk so much! While this may seem counter-intuitive, it’s actually not. What I mean is, leave some room in your tweet for others to comment. (especially the retweeters!) Try it. Make those tweets LESS than 140 characters!
- Weekends ROCK! While many business tweeters are there Monday through Friday, many MORE folks are tweeting up a storm on the weekends. Saturday and Sunday can both be REALLY dynamite days!
- People like to watch! It’s not what you think. I’m talking about images and videos. People are visual. Even on Twitter. Want to get people talking? Pictures speak 1000 words. Or so we’re told icon smile 7 Powerful Ways To Increase Twitter Engagement
- Ask! Don’t be shy about starting a conversation. Want folk to join in or RT? Simply ask. Say, “Can we discuss?” or “Please RT” or something similar. Just ask.
- Use Hashtags. This is the norm on Twitter, not the exception. Hashtags group people together who are talking about the same topic. Use them.
- Link! Don’t forget your link. People are looking for your valuable content. Tell them where to go get it!
- Always have a Call-to-Action. This is so important. Whatever it is you want people to do, tell them. Ask them. Suggest to them. Say, “click here” or “snag this” or “let’s chat.” You get the picture!
OK, so now you know WHAT to do, the DOING IT is up to you!
Martha Giffen is a Small Business and Social Media Consultant, Coach, Trainer, and Speaker. The author of 3 best-selling books, including "Be Social Be Rich," she is an Online Marketing authority and teaches Small Biz Owners how to achieve massive profitable success. And, -she dishes it all out with a warm southern flare!