The big “P”. Productivity.
Personally, it’s not one of my favorite words. It somewhat smacks of another word that I’m not particularly fond of. Routine.
Just words so I’m changing them.
From now on “productivity” will mean “making profits” and “routine” will mean “every day.”
I’m liking that better. How about you?
The fact is this: Our productivity does impact our bottom line and the sooner we get our productivity groove on, the better.
The art of the big “P” . . . . .
We all know it’s easy to kill hours on social media sites, not too difficult to spend waaaay too much time reading other blogs, and who hasn’t been guilty of spending half an afternoon on a Google search that went wild? I say, to be productive, you need a plan.
Top 5 Productivity Secrets:
- Write down five goals the night before. This will give you a clear picture of what you will be working on the next day and will help you stay focused.
- Follow your list exclusively. When you start your day, do NOT vary from the goals you set the night before. Sit at your desk until you have them all complete. After you do this a few times, you’ll know better than to put 155 hours of work on your plate for the next day!
- Do not check e-mails until you have completed your daily goals. There is one exception here and only one. You may check them IF you are waiting for a specific response from someone. Otherwise, forget about it! You can view those e-mails at the end of your productive day.
- Use a timer. For your social media marketing, that is. Allow yourself 10 minute intervals throughout your day to update your status. Join conversations after your list is complete.
- Be accountable. Set a deadline and share it with someone else. Use a coach, a mastermind group, or partner with someone to help you stay accountable.
Productivity doesn’t have to be something that eludes you. It’s really about staying focused and staying on task.
Just remember, rockin’ your productivity leads to a rockin’ successful business!