Just do it. How many times have we heard that?
Or these: Never give up. Shoot for the stars. And on and on.
That’s what it really boils down to. How to get motivated to “just do it.”
When it comes to working from home and especially if your whole business is online, it can become a very lonely place and distractions can be killers.
Have you ever noticed how enticing the laundry looks when you are working on a project and want to procrastinate? Or how much fun it is to chat on social media instead of finishing the last details of a project?
Words of advice . . .
It’s a good practice to have some kind of accountability system in place if you want to reach higher levels of success with your biz. Here’s a couple of ideas that work for me to keep me on tract and motivated to “just do it”:
- Coach or mentor – This is number one in my book simply because it just plain works. Find anyone successful and you’ll find a coach or mentor sitting in their corner.
- Mastermind groups – The next best thing to a one-on-one coach is a mastermind group. This bunch will keep you on track by listening to your goals and making you accountable for getting tasks done. It’s a win/win because they are also supporters of what you are trying to accomplish!
- Affirmations – Starting the day with affirmations can really make a difference in what you get done. You begin by reinforcing to yourself that you WILL get the tasks done today and you WILL enjoy doing it and it WILL bring fantastic results. Try it.
- Stay away from the naysayers – This is anyone or anything that doesn’t support what you are doing. It’s hard enough to keep your focus day in and day out without putting up with negativity. Listening to negativity can take the wind out of your motivation, so don’t do it!
- Have daily goals – It’s not only a way to gage your productivity, but knocking off those (written down) daily goals can be a big boost to your confidence. Once you get in the habit of completing daily goals, the motivation just seems to show up! It’s a good feeling!
- Avoid distractions – I know. Easier said than done BUT so very necessary. Be sure people know that you work from home so as not to disturb you with neighborly visits and such. Have your workspace away from the household activity if you can. This keeps your mind where it needs to be!
The message . . .
In the end, you have to pretty much just grow up and decide you ARE going to have a business and you ARE just going to do it! That’s what separates the winners from the losers.
In business and in life, you can do anything if you just do it!