If you are blogging away and not increasing your readership, this post is for you! I’m going to give you the best tips on how to write the ultimate blog post.
Follow these tips:
- Know your reader. You should have a mental image of your main reader. Picture that person and write your blog to them. One-on-one. Like a conversation. I always talk to my readers and not at them. Be conversational so people will be comfortable leaving comments and joining in.
- Know your stuff. Your readers come to your blog because you are the expert in your niche. Give them plenty of great content. If you are using a product that will work for them, tell them. Do your homework and share any new ideas and concepts with them. Any tips that work for you will work for them too. Be willing to share.
- Don’t ramble. Do you like to hear someone go on and on about something and never get to the point? Of course not, so don’t do that to your readers. Be concise, get to the point and move on.
- Keep it simple. Remember short, short, short! Short sentences, short paragraphs, short words. Works every time! This is not the place to impress with your command of all the five syllable words in the English language. Does not work!
- The title matters. Pay attention to your headline. It’s just as important as the content because it is the driving force behind whether someone chooses to click on or not. I know. SEO, keywords, and all that jazz. I believe in writing headlines for my readers that will grab them. I am aware of the search engines and do my best to work within the system but I’m a believer that if the headline pulls in a tremendous amount of traffic, the search engines will respond.
- Tell a story. Weave your life and circumstances into your post. Let your “realness” shine through! For instance, if I tell you right now that I’ve been blogging consistently for almost two years and the first few months, I hardly had any readers and now I have several hundred regular readers, you just might believe I know a little something about what I’m writing about!
The bottom line is, it’s not that difficult to write the ultimate blog post. You can do it!