Is your business cluttered? Your working area? How about your site?
The weekend is a perfect time to take stock of what you don’t need and get rid of it! Here are a few of my favorite tips:
- First and foremost, keep your deck clear of unnecessary clutter. If you are working on a project, try and keep the project papers or ideas around you during the tasks. And nothing more!
- Do you drink coffee or (in my case) diet Coke while working? Don’t let those cups pile up! Keep it simple and clean. It’s much easier to work when your space is not crowded.
- Have family momentoes? It’s a great idea to have things you love surrounding you but be careful. Too many pictures, paperweights, and souvenirs can get in the way of your work product!
- E-mails. Admit it. You’ve had too many this week and haven’t had time to read them. Or, worse, you are holding on to e-mails that date back for months! Weed them out. There’s no time like the present!
- Downloadable products. You know you have them. Too many of them. You don’t use, won’t use, and will never use. Delete!
- Have any affiliate banners that don’t produce income? They are taking up unnecessary space. Either move them off to create space for something else or replace with another, productive banner.
- Spammy comments. You know they are there. Go read and clear out!
Let your weekends become a time of de-cluttering. It takes only a few minutes and once you have developed the habit, your work week will become more productive!