Everyone knows I’m a Twitter cheerleader. The social media site is one of my favorite places to “see and be seen.”
Here’s some great tips for you to “keep it real” while Tweeting:
- Use a friendly voice. I know, it’s just typed words, right? Well, believe it or not, your tone can be sensed by others. Just sayin’.
- Answer the tweet. If someone tweets specifically to you, answer them. You know it’s rude to ignore folks! Interact in the conversation if it’s appropriate. Engaging communication is the name of the game!
- Tweet good stuff. Articles and sites of mutual interest to your followers are cool.
- ReTweet awesome content. Share links or comments from others that would benefit your followers.
- Don’t be a chatterbox. You need to listen too! It’s a great way to find out what’s going on in your niche. Maybe you will get an idea for a new product by listening to other’s complaints?
- Shorten your url’s. 140 Characters can seem pretty small. Make it easy on yourself. Use bit.ly.com or is.gd.com
- No spamming. You don’t like it and nobody else does either. Can you say, “suspended account?”
If you are not using Twitter yet or just getting started, these tips should get you going. Social networking is here to stay. You can either ignore it and get left behind or embrace it and start playing!
Have fun out there and Happy Tweeting!