Twitter is still my favorite social media marketing platform.
It’s ease of use is second to none. Feedback is instant and it’s just plain quick.
Here are some of the fun tools I use to make it more interesting AND productive:
- Tweetwasters - Think Twitter is taking up too much of your time? This site can be a real eye-opener. It’s not scientific, but it will give you an idea of your approximate Twitter time.
- SocialOomph – Recognized as an easy way to schedule promotional tweets, it also allows for alert set-ups to track keywords, and has a way for you to extend your Twitter profile. Well worth the free service.
- Tweetstats – An easy way to get your hands on a graph of your Twitter stats. You’ll see your tweets per hour, per day, and per month. I’m not talking about just the preceeding month. Mine are graphed from the day I signed onto Twitter in February of 2008! And did I mention, who I tweet to and who I retweet? Cool stuff here.
- Twellow – Looking for people in your niche? This is called the Twitter yellow pages. Enough said.
- FriendorFollow – Their page says it all, “Who’s not following you back.” This is good info because it allows you to prune your own following.
- Twylah – A fan page for your Twitter account. Easy sign up. Here’s what mine looks like: Martha’s Twylah Page
- Whats my Twitter account worth – Not that we are going to sell our accounts, and I have no idea how this is calculated, but it’s a fun check anyway. BTW, mine is worth a little under $3000 and Lady Gaga is over $6m. Random stat that is meaningless but fun. Do it!
- TweetEffect – You’ll like this one! You can find out if your Twitter updates have helped you pick up followers or they’ve made folks unfollow. Very cool.
Twitter is still the bomb in my book and it should be in yours too. It is evolving as we speak. People are creating all sorts of uses and new marketing ideas surface regularly.
If you’re not participating, you should be. Don’t be shy. Find people in your niche and start a conversation. It’s a marketer’s dream.