It’s always a give and take. With everything. Are you a Twitter giver or a Twitter taker?
There are definitely “signs” that you are either/or. Take a look!
Signs that you are a Twitter giver. . . . .
- You gladly re-tweet others’ links because you think your followers will enjoy the content.
- You are quick to say thanks to anyone who is RTing your links.
- You engage in conversations that are not always directly relevant to your niche.
- You “introduce” people on Twitter that you think can benefit from the introduction.
- You give a quick link or answer to someone who is asking for help. (Ex: I have a wordpress issue, can someone help?)
- You readily welcome the newcomer and ask your followers to do the same.
- Your followers can expect uplifting and positive tweets. No complaints to be found.
Signs you are a Twitter taker. . . . .
- All of your tweets are canned. (You set them up to tweet out automatically and you are absent.)
- All of your tweets are canned AND quotes.
- All of your tweets are canned AND quotes OF Mark Twain. (enough said!)
- Your tweets are only full of links to your own products or sites.
- Your tweets are all about YOU.
- You seldom or never participate in an engaging conversation.
- You are wondering why Twitter isn’t “working” for you.
Twitter is a social animal. You either use it for social interaction or you don’t. The bottom line is, if you continue to be a taker, Twitter will never work for you and if you become a Twitter giver, the sky is the limit.
I know what I’m talking about!
I have gained access to people I would have NEVER had a chance to meet, much less engage with, that have opened doors for me beyond my wildest dreams. I have found JV partners, a mentor, and even inked a book deal by using Twitter! I’ve been interviewed, had guest blogging gigs, wound up in a couple of magazines, and increased my income sphere just by being on Twitter.
Twitter is a happening place if you use it correctly. And, you don’t have to spend every hour of every day connected to it! What you DO have to be is a giver. Because when you give, you will receive much much more than you can ever imagine!
Now, go out there and Twitter your little heart out!!
p.s. Still not quite sure about it all? Here’s a FREE copy of my Best Tweet Tips to get you started!
p.p.s. Need more hand-holding? Sign up for my course Tweet With Martha and you’ll be an expert before you know it!