Social media is the most popular tool on the planet for getting the word out about your business. Here’s a few strategies that I consider wildly successful:
- Blog and blog some more! I’ve said it a million times, but your blog is the “hub” of everything you do on the web. It’s where you constantly give out your brand of info and lead prospects to wanting to do business with you. It’s an easy method to showcase your expertise. Use it.
- Utilize the *right* networks. If you are strictly operating B2B, then why aren’t you on LinkedIn daily, making connections with the businesses that need your services? Spending all your time trying to increase your Facebook “likes” with an untargeted market is silly AND will not produce monetary results. Make sense?
- Use tools. Social media can be a real time sucker, so using tools is a good thing. One of my favorites is HootSuite because I can see all my social media networks in one quick place and update as needed. Why waste time opening browsers all day?
- Engage. I don’t know how many more ways to say this, but if you want extreme success, you simply must participate in online discussions that center around your niche. Go to forums, Facebook groups, Twitter chats, and anywhere that your audience spends time. If you engage, people can get a closer look and find out that you ARE the expert!
- Videos. One of the easiest ways for you to pick up steam online is by producing videos. When you can be seen and heard, there is really no better way for people to feel like they “know” you. It’s a quick way to the get the know, like, and trust started and the momentum going! One quick tip: If broadcasting from home (as most entrepreneurs do), be sure and pay a little attention to your background. If you’re in your bedroom, why not clear all the messy make-up off your dresser before pressing “record?” (My Youtube example)
Always remember, social media is simply a tool you use to help others find you and your products. Don’t throw in the towel too soon. It works if you take the time to implement a social media strategy. Engagement, consistency, and patience are the name of the game.