No matter how you slice it, the way you spend your time directly affects your business results.
Yes, online business owners have the wonderful capability of working at home and working when they want. However, let me set record straight. Over time, there does emerge some sort of routine.
You only have so many hours in a day and you need to decide how to spend those to get the best results for your business.
Here are Seven Great Tips:
- Make a list. Yes, it seems simple enough, yet many work-at-home people don’t do it. It’s crucial. Be realistic too. If the list is too long, you become defeated from the start. Keep it simple, complete, and small.
- Prioritize your list. Do the most difficult or time consuming items first. That’s when your energy level is highest and you’ll be most productive.
- Work in “blocks.” Some people are productive in 45 minute increments, others in 2 hours. You know your own concentration span.
- Take breaks! (Everybody likes this one!) Allow yourself 10-15 minute breaks between work blocks. Spend a few minutes resting and rejuvenating.
- Set goals. Measurable ones! That’s the only way to know if you are staying focused and on track. Goals are your measuring stick and need to be written down. Your goal is where you want to end up. Keep it in front of you. Continuing to move forward toward your goal helps ward off a sense of being overwhelmed.
- At the end of the day, STOP. When you have a home-based business, it’s very easy to keep going, hour after hour after hour. Don’t do that. End your day. Close up shop. Start fresh tomorrow!
- Reward yourself for a job well done! This will keep your attitude positive and encouraging.
Time management isn’t the most glamorous of topics, but increased efficiency ultimately means an increase in your business bottom line.
Now, that’s exciting!!