Social media is connecting more and more people together and sometimes you just want to keep some good advice handy. See what you think of these top ten tips:
- Current picture. Not only should your picture be current, but you need to be consistent all over the web. One way to brand yourself and reinforce who you are is to use the same picture on all social media platforms. You want people to recognize you, right?
- Keep Your Bio Brief. Let your bio be a little bit about you and a whole lot about them. Using a call to action is great too!
- Be conversational. After all, social medial is relational. The sooner you make that a reality, the better. Using questions is a fantastic way to start a conversation.
- Talk back! Always respond to any comments made to you. It’s common courtesy and keeps the conversation going. The longer you are engaged, the more likely you are to be remembered.
- Keep all comments positive. Remember, nobody likes a “negative nellie.” It is especially important NOT to make negative remarks about your competition. It just ends up making you look bad.
- Don’t get too personal. It’s wonderful to share bits about your personal life that make you more “real,” however, don’t go overboard! Draw the line about certain subjects. Use common sense here.
- Keep your info updated. Social media sites are the new business card. Be sure you let folks know where you can be found!
- Create your own content. Originality rules. Your uniqueness is what will get you noticed and followed. Use it!
- Share, share, and share some more! When you find great content, don’t be afraid to share it. Sharing others good content is right up there behind sharing your own. You’ll be seen as overly helpful and a reliable resource. Like?
- Pick a place to shine! Chances are, you will find a social media platform that suits your personality best. For example, some gravitate to the LinkedIn groups, while others can be found dominating Twitter. Why not put your focus in one place and establish yourself as an expert there before moving to the next?
I love social media and want everybody to discover the awesome benefits. It can build your business like nothing else on the planet. I’m passionate about it! Stay tuned. More conversation about this to come
p.s. If we’re not connected yet, just click on my social media links on the right sidebar. Let’s engage!