Talking for profits? Many do it by being speakers or presenters. For the online entrepreneur, it means keeping the conversation going with your prospects and customers.
Are you talking to your customers?
In order to keep your products in front of the public, you have to keep up an ongoing conversation. I know. It may seem like you are talking to yourself many days, but believe me, you are not. Your readers are coming back, someone new is stumbling over to your site, or you grab the attention through social media.
There are so many ways to keep the conversation going but the key is to do it daily. That’s the only way people are going to remember you and feel like they are in a continual conversation!
Lucky You! There are so many choices. Here’s a few good ones:
- E-mail — be sure you “talk” to your list through an e-mail at least every 3-4 day. Don’t just sell either! Nobody wants or likes that. Send some good links or information to them that they can use. You’ll be more likely to continue to get your mail opened!
- Blogging — You know I am a proponent of this and I feel like you need to blog a minimum of 4-5 times per week. It’s working for me so I’m recommending it! If you have trouble in this area, do like I do. Join a blog challenge where you make a commitment to blog for so many days in a row. It’s a great way to get in the habit.
- Answering your blog comments — Talk about a way for people to get to know you! This is fabulous because they are one-on-one with you for the length of that conversation. One of my favorites!
- Commenting on other’s blogs — This works because it keeps you in many other conversations also. More people, more talking. You get the picture!
- Social Media — duh. If you’re not doing it, you’re leaving money on the table. Period. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn all lend themselves to joining conversations with your customers. Learn how to optimize your time and use them to find more customers. Remember, you are always looking for ways to make people “know, like, and trust” you. That’s who buys from you!
Does it seem like you spend your whole day “talking?” Sometimes, it might! But in the long run, what you are doing is marketing and the marketing will payoff!
Now you know what to do.
Get out there and talk!