Are you having a difficult time reaching your goals? Does it seem like maybe you “should be” doing some other task while working on the one at hand? Have you found yourself with more obstacles than usual?
Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy! You just may be hindering your own online business success by self-sabotaging behavior!
Recognition is a start!
Once you recognize what you are doing, you are half-way home! Start making changes and you cross the finish line!
Here are a few sure-fire ways to eliminate that self-sabotage from your biz:
- Have a plan. This is common sense. If you don’t have plan, how do you know where you are going? It’s essential. Take the time to write it down and work it. (Just looking at it doesn’t work!)
- Stop comparing. There is no biz out there exactly like yours. You may sell the same products but ultimately, you need to run your biz your way. Comparison is not a motivator! Besides, the grass might not be greener. You aren’t privy to the other businesses nuts and bolts. Just pay attention to yours.
- Focus on the positive. Yes, there can be many obstacles in the daily life of running a business. Don’t stop and dwell on the negatives. Congratulate yourself for what you are doing right!
- Use a mentor or coach. I really can’t stress this enough. Even the most talented singers and athletes use coaches to help them improve. Coaches and mentors can give invaluable feedback and keep you on the path to success!
- Eliminate procrastination. Did I just write that?? Easier said than done! Did you know that putting off a task is causing you pain? The painful results of not getting it done are always greater than the pleasure of avoiding it. Think about the results of your inaction compared to your action results and it should be an easy fix. Inaction = no results. Action = good results. Can it be any plainer??
- Keep your eye on the bottom line. Money goes in and out of your business. If you don’t pay attention to where it’s going, it just might end up gone! Keep good records, review them often, and this little item won’t be a problem!
We all tend to self-sabotage at times. After all, we’re human. The key here is to be aware of it and nip it in the bud.
Now, be kind to yourself and go create a great online biz!