Spring has sprung in most parts of the United States and with spring, I always think about spring cleaning! Yes, if you’re like most people, just the mention of the words “spring cleaning” will produce a big fat groan, but don’t you agree there’s something a little magical and motivational about clearing out our space? Whether it’s to make room for more stuff and to just live in uncluttered surroundings, it does have its rewards!
Here’s a few places where you might be inclined to start:
- Your computer. Whaat? I know. It’s full to the brim with digital products, freebies, and information that you’ve collected but have never and will never use. You know I’m right. Start deleting!
- E-mails. If you’re like I am, they start piling up pretty fast, even if you have a dependable system for getting rid of them. Here’s an idea: If you haven’t opened the e-mail and it’s over a week old, delete. If you have saved it but haven’t looked at it in six months (or longer), delete. Get going!
- Your workspace. This should go without saying but hey, I know how papers, book, and ideas can pile up. Toss anything that isn’t really needed. And, don’t pretend like it all is. It’s not and you know it!
- Your brain. This one can be somewhat tricky, but well worth the time spent. I’m talking about mental clutter. You know what it looks like: unnecessary thoughts, worries, and feelings that often impede our ability to get our work done! Guard what you are willing to put into your mind. I feel so strongly about mental clutter that I produced an audio several years ago to help people get Rewired!
- Your circle of friends. Ok. I know you have a full circle of adoring, positive influences in your life and don’t need help here. I’m just saying, if there’s anyone in your life that is constantly feeding negativity into the mix, you need to try to sweep that person right on out of your awareness. (if it’s a permanent family member, my condolences!)
Now, step up to the plate, clean out your clutter, and get on the business of having a business!