If you want real social media success, you have to spread the word so people will be able to find you.
Here’s some great tips for getting your social media links out there:
- Be sure all your urls are on e-mails and signatures
- Have all links on your business cards
- Put all social media info in an easy-to-find spot on your site (mine is under “follow me” on the right, upper side of my sidebar)
- Cross promote your social media links (for example: put your Twitter link in your Facebook status and ask people to follow you)
- Make sure your links are included in all newsletters
- In the offline world, be sure and tell people to connect with you through your social media links
- Leave a trail. When commenting on other blogs, leave your urls.
There are so many ways to participate in social media. The thing is, you can’t participate until you are connected to others.
Make it easy for people to find you. Spread those social media links around!