Blogging is just like everything else. There’s a not- so-great way to do it, a good way, and a GREAT way!
Here’s my smart blogging tips to make yours GREAT:
- Share relevant information. All blogs are not created equal. The ones that get noticed and read the most give current, as-needed information all the time. People continue to read them because they are giving their readers something they can’t get elsewhere and presenting it in an engaging way!
- Check your ego at the door. The best and most read blogs are written for the reader. Yes, you absolutely have to interject your own personality into your writing but, hey, the entire blog cannot be just about you. That won’t bring the readers back. Write for them and to them. Works every time!
- Have a clear purpose. There needs to be some sort of reason for your blog. In the online business world, the reason is to promote your business. To let people know what you are doing and how you can best serve them. Keep this in mind. Yes, it’s alright to go off the beaten path every now and then (in fact, I recommend it!) but, stay with your purpose. Be clear about what you are offering.
- Be authentic. I have said this so often that it should be a no-brainer by now. Be yourself. That’s the only way to be. It sells. It promotes goodwill. Just do it.
- Be a team player. Make the rounds of other blogs and leave comments. It’s good for your business and it’s good for creating rapport with other bloggers in your niche. In other words, follow the golden rule!
We all want our blogs to be read, tweeted, promoted, followed, etc. You know what to do.
Get out there bloggers and do it!