Or do we?
Do successful people have a certain advantage over others? Could it be their circumstances line up a little better? Their education level is a little higher? Their work ethic is a tad more advanced?
If you really study success (and I consider myself a long-time student of success), you will find that the results lie in plain, good ole habits. Small tasks done repeatedly every day results in great habits. Can it really be that easy?
Here’s some of the biggies:
- Set Goals – Oh my. The truth is, if you don’t know where you are trying to go, where exactly do you expect to end up? Highly successful marketers have goals. Monthy, quarterly, yearly. You want a compass to stay on target and that’s what goals do. Set the compass.
- Track Results –In my case, stats used to be my least favorite subject. UNTIL I began actually looking at them to see where my biz was headed. It’s easy to see where you need to adjust if you keep your eye on stats. For your site? Google Analytics is really the standard. It’s free.
- Invest In Yourself – I don’t think you will find any successful person who isn’t constantly learning. You’ll find them reading the latest books, participating in online courses, coaching programs, and you’ll see them at workshops and seminars. Invest your time, money, and energy in yourself and see if you don’t see a BIG TIME payoff!
- Change the Course – If something isn’t working, adjust quickly. Also, embrace new technology. It’s designed to be your friend! Really, it is J
- Be Unique—This one can’t be stressed enough. Be different. It’s not hard. Just go with who you really are. Be yourself. Whatever makes you and your company stand out, market that!
Take the time to develop these outstanding habits. My guess is you will become the next highly successful online marketer!
Go for it!