What is re-purposing and why should I care?
Repurposing is getting more bang for your buck out of your blog posts. Remember that little black dress in your closet? The one that you can wear to the cocktail party, change the jacket and wear to work, or get rid of the bling, put on some flip flops and wear to the beach?
That’s what repurposing is!
Taking something simple, changing it up, and being able to use it multiple times in multiple settings!
Apply the technique to your blog. . . .
Repurposing the content of your blog just makes sense. You want to get your message across to readers all across the web, not just the ones that are your regular subscribers. By making some changes here and there or adding a paragraph or two, you’ve got content to spread around to other sources!
Here’s some possibilities:
- Articles – Turn those posts into articles that you submit to directories such as Ezine Articles.
- Special Reports – String some great blog posts together and have a report ready to give away as bonuses or additions to products you create.
- e-book Chapters – Still can’t figure out what to write in that e-book? Why not gather content from your own blog, expand upon it and wham. You’re done!
- Create a video – More and more people are looking to youtube for great content. Read that beefed up blog post to your audience. They’ll love it!
- Squidoo Lens – Squidoo is all about content! Take your blog posts, add some relevant links, and you’ve just entered a new avenue with new readers.
There are so many ways to repurpose your blog post! You pride yourself in having some of the best content on the web, yet if you aren’t spreading it around, it’s like the little black dress that gets worn once.
You can get a lot of traction out of a well-written, nicely thought-out blog post. Many great books on the market now are nothing more than blog posts strung together with some added content thrown in for good measure.
If you’ve been writing for a while now, why not make that good content work for you?