Are you ready for some football?
Bet you never thought you’d see that question on my blog! How about some football for your online biz?
Where it started. . .
You see, I grew up in a “sports nuts” family. Because of this, many of my thoughts around life and how to live it come from a sports slant. Some of the little sayings that were taught to me have stayed with me over the years and believe it or not, come in handy while running my business. (My Daddy would be proud!)
Before I head off to make our traditional Saturday-watching-football-menu of chili and Rotel dip and before I get immersed in watching my beloved Tennessee Vols take on the LSU Tigers, I thought I’d share some of my learned football wisdom that I find useful in my biz!
- “Get your head in the ball game” – There’s no way to be focused on the game if you’re looking at people in the stands! Don’t watch the spectators. Focus on what you’re doing.
- “Step up to the line” - Isn’t that the scariest place? You might get clobbered! On the other hand, if you get out there and just do it, that fear will dissipate. Side note: Since I never played football except in our back yard, that saying for me was “step up to the plate.” Since we weren’t talking about baseball today, I used “line.”
- “Everybody can’t be the quarterback” - Well, duh. But in your business, you ARE the quarterback. You are the one calling the shots and making the decisions. Know what makes the great quarterbacks great? They have confidence and stay calm under pressure. Be confident that your business will be successful and keep your cool and remain focused when the challenges come.
- “Be a team player” – There are so many ways to apply this to an online business. If you are a regular blogger, support your fellow bloggers efforts by leaving comments, adding value, and promoting their posts. Always be willing to help another biz owner. Be generous with your recommendations. Always be friendly and supportive of other people in your niche. This one tip will lead to others doing the same for you!
- “Adjust your game plan” – This one is obvious but hard to do. When something is not working, identify it quickly and stop doing it. Be willing to make changes to be able to move forward.
Now, I know not everybody is a sports fanatic and these little sayings won’t resonate, but if you want to have the best business on the field so to speak, you’ll incorporate the ideas!
I’m ready for some football now!