You’re blogging and blogging. Writing and writing. Unless you are just doing it for the fun of it, you need to learn how to get readers to your blog.
That is the point, right?
First things first. Content is king. That goes without saying but needs repeating. Think about all the reasons you go back to certain blogs or read the same magazines or books by one author.
There is really only one reason.
The content is relevant, informative, interesting, engaging, and helpful. OK, that might be more than one reason. Well no, content is the reason. Those other descriptive words are what make the content a hit among your readers! Super content will keep them coming back for more.
Patience. . . . .
It may seem for a while like you are blogging out there all by yourself. After all, it does take time to develop a readership. I wish I could give you a definite time frame. I can’t.
But I can tell you not to be passive about it. You simply must be pro-active. Now is not the time to be shy. You want readers? You have to invite them! Nobody’s going to come to your party randomly. You have to point them in the right direction.
Best ways to increase readership quickly:
- Blog frequently. Some say every day. I think four times a week is good. You weren’t expecting that? People have a short attention span. To get on their radar, they have to see a pattern of publication. Blog often.
- After posting, be sure and let the world know. Use social networks to sing it out. Nothing fancy. Just say something like, “I wrote a new blog post, the title is ____, and it will help you ____.” You might even ask for comments.
- Be sure your blog is connected to Networked Blogs on Facebook. It is a simple proceedure, will automatically post your blog daily to your wall, where others can be reminded to check it out.
- Comment on other people’s blogs. This will leave a trackback to your own and you’ll pick up readers.
- Use give-aways. I have several on this blog. Interviews, reports, etc. If people get used to picking up a freebie on your blog, it will entice them to return.
- Here’s a cool secret: Make friends with other bloggers in your niche. Many will promote your blog directly from their own. That’s right, somebody just made your work a little easier
Blogging is fun! It’s a great way to get your message out to your followers.
You now know how to increase readers.
Get out there and promote!
p.s. I would be remiss if I didn’t invite you to follow my blog! Look over on the right hand side and click “follow this blog!” (thanks!)