But you need to get busy. Hurry!
Here’s some of my favorite ways to help you get headed in the right direction NOW!
- Write your goals down. And I need to add put them in a prominent place where you can see them every day. There’s power in the written word and reinforcing your goals by writing them down will make them real in your own mind!
- Work in tiny chunks. Break your daily goals down into smaller 1-2 hour time allotments and they are much easier to accomplish. Be sure and take 10-15 minute breaks between each chunk!
- Be consistent. Rome wasn’t built in a day but it was built by people doing something every. single. day.
- Find a buddy. You know what I mean. I’m talking accountability. If you have someone you can share your goals with and who will hold you accountable to getting your tasks done, you are more than half-way there! I use a weekly phone call with another entrepreneur. It works!
- Beware the bright, shiny objects. Distractions can completely destroy your productivity. Know what yours are, and take precautions. Limit phone calls, social media time, and day-dreaming!
- Incorporate a “Rewards System.” For yourself, that is. Put a reward out there for yourself (something tangible) that you’ll receive when the job is done.
- Un-clutter your workspace. This one tip can make all the difference. If you are surrounded by papers, empty coffee mugs, files, and disarray, it’s impossible to be productive. Once you tidy up your space, you’ll find your mind and body more inclined to follow your daily action steps.
While productivity isn’t exactly the sexiest topic in the world, it is important for your online business success.
Have an awesome 2013!