I’m in the online marketing business. That means I promote my services and products by using online marketing techniques and I teach others how to do the same.
Don’t we all want more prospects and customers? And doesn’t the word “free” have a nice sound? I’m talking about free ways to promote your products and services.
Here’s a list of easy-to-incorporate ways that I personally use to get the word out about my biz:
- Social Media – you knew that would be number one! If you’re not on the social media platforms, go now and sign up for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. All are free and will give you the most bang for the buck if you use them right!
- Make a social media splash - This simply means make your presence known! How to do that? Update those statuses DAILY. Get people in the habit of seeing you on the social sites and interacting with you. They will welcome your promotions if they feel you are interested in them! It takes a minimal amount of time and is so worth it!
- Video – This is a fantastic place for people to see and hear you. Videos are all the rage, so jump in and let your personality shine! Hey, if I can do it, you can too! (Best Tweet Tips Video)
- Create a Facebook Page – This is different from your personal profile page and a great place for you to give helpful tips, promote your products AND drive traffic back to your main site. Remember, people expect your page to be all about your biz. Give it to them!
- Be the expert – How to let people know you are the expert? By consistently giving useful content. And think outside the box here. You don’t have to create all that content yourself. You can interview people in your industry, use a guest blogger, reprint a dynamite article or video. The list is endless. Point is to make yourself well-known around town!
- Blog commenting – I’m talking about visiting other blogs and leaving your mark. I mean, your link! Give added value in your comments and people will soon recognize your knowledgeable self and start paying attention.
- Answer – I’m talking about all comments left on your own blog. Also, this goes for e-mails that are in the form of questions, and any comments left for you on the social media sites. Once the conversation starts, you are half-way home to helping someone move into your funnel.
- Freebies – Yes, everybody likes freebies. You can give them away on your site or publish the links in your social media updates. Don’t be afraid you’ll give away the farm. In my experience, the more I give away, the more I get back in the form of customers and clients. Generosity is always seen as a good thing! (How To Be An Expert Blogger)
- Tutorials – What a wonderful way to show people you can teach them what they want to know. Isn’t it great to feel like you are looking over someone’s shoulder?
- Online groups – Both LinkedIn and Facebook are leading the way in this area. Find groups in your niche and chances are, you’ll find a group that needs what you’re offering! And, don’t forget, you can start your own group where you are THE expert!
- Be recognizable – Use the same picture and logo everywhere on the net. If you haven’t done so yet, go to Gravatar.com and upload a picture of yourself so when you leave comments on other blogs, your picture will be there.
The internet is so powerful and your presence needs to be too! Once you get in the habit of incorporating your web presence into your daily business practices, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
After all, it’s all about the marketing. Right?