In order to have a popular, well-read blog, you have to blog on a consistent basis. That’s just the way it is. I didn’t make the rules, I’m just repeating them! Writing blog posts is not always easy because, let’s face it, sometimes you’re just not motivated. Especially after you’ve been doing it a while.
I love blogging, but sometimes I just don’t feel like it. Know what I mean? When that happens, I have a few tips I use to get myself back in the groove.
My Quick Motivational Tips:
- Remember your area of expertise. Blog about a favorite topic in your niche that you actually know something about. You’ve all seen it. The blogger that is writing about something outside their expertise and you can tell they are just putting words to the paper that don’t resonate with their own self much less their readers. For example, if you are telling people how to write the best, most lucrative e-book on the planet, be sure you’ve already written one! Writing about a familiar topic will keep your motivation in high gear! Your good energy will shine through!
- Visualize your ideal reader. Think about who they are, what they look like and why they want to read your blog. Write the blog post to them. It’s so easy to stay motivated when you feel like you are giving someone the information they need and want!
- Use a schedule. I know. Some of you work-at-home types simply hate to think about schedules. That’s OK but if you are having difficulty with motivation and not getting it done, you really should give it a whirl. Knowing that one hour a day (or two) is set aside for blogging will help you sit down and get it done. Trust me.
- Keep a notepad handy. Ideas for blog posts will come to you in the car, in the grocery line, while walking the dog, you name it. They can come at the most inopportune times. But they do show up! Write them down as soon as possible and before long, you’ll find your ideas far exceed your blogging needs!
- Keep moving. The late Conrad Hilton said it best. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” The point here is to keep moving. Blog when you don’t “feel” like it. Blog because you know being consistent will produce results. Just keep moving!
Motivation is sometimes nothing more than establishing a good habit and sticking with it. Make blogging a habit!
Happy (motivated) blogging!