Marketing. Some would say it’s the necessary evil for your online biz. I say it’s easy to become a wiz if you know where to turn!
Here are some great marketing techniques and helper sites to get your message out there:
Article Marketing – Probably one of the oldest internet techniques around. You simply write articles with useful information pertaining to your niche and submit to a directory. Remember, the resource box is always available for you to send readers to your product or site. Here are a few good ones:
Blogging – One of the most popular marketing tools on the planet at the moment. Everyone is doing it and if done with a little flair and over-the-top content, the readers will follow and so will the sales. Here’s a couple of platforms:
- Blogger – it’s free and a good place to start if you’re on a budget.
- WordPress.org – Easy to learn and user friendly. Great for business. Not free but wordpress rocks. Period.
Video Marketing – It’s the wave of the future and the future is now. Having said that, I have been slow myself to the video world. I am making a commitment to change all of that this year. Upload your videos here:
Social marketing (Yes, it’s OK to market while you’re networking!)
- Twitter – don’t forget your Twitter background, the all-important profile pic, and a link to your site.
- Facebook – Fan pages are a nice compliment.
- linkedin – Market yourself by answering questions in your niche and becoming the “expert.”
There are SO many marketing techniques you can use online. It’s tempting to say the list is endless! Here’s another rockin’ fun tool:
Single Page Websites – Yet another place to promote yourself, your site, or your product. Here are the leaders:
- Squidoo – Need an example? Here’s one featuring yours truly! Squidoo.com/NewbieMarketerNews
The purpose of this post is to show you there are numerous ways to get out there and promote. Make a marketing plan, stick with it, and measure your results.
I have a feeling, you will be VERY surprised!