Think LinkedIn is just a place for job seekers? That LinkedIn has no place in your online marketing strategy?
Here’s a Marketing 101 lesson for you:
Go where the people are!
With LinkedIn growing at a rate of 1 person per second, I’d say people are moving onto that site in droves! But, can you really find potential customers or is everybody passing out resumes to find a new job?
LinkedIn is a great place to connect, network, share content and ideas. Here’s a few killer LinkedIn Marketing Tips to get you started:
- Pay attention to your profile. This is one of the most overlooked aspects of any social media site and LinkedIn is no different! The trick here is to use your keywords in your profile headline. After all, you DO want people searching for those keywords to find you, right? Think about it. Most people won’t be searching by using your name.
- Don’t sell. There’s no need. In fact, it’s heavily discouraged. Just be open to opportunities to share what you know.
- Join a group. This is where LinkedIn has it going on! The groups are the happening place. Just find one in your niche and ask to join. Then, be sure and add valuable content to all the discussions going on. It doesn’t take long to reap the benefit of becoming seen as the expert in your niche.
- Start a group. Want to build your fan/customer base quickly? This is the way! Invite all your contacts to join you in your group discussions, encourage them to leave links, network, and invite their friends. It’s a win/win.
- Events. Got something exciting going on? A free webinar, seminar, one-day product deal? LinkedIn Events is the ideal place to advertise. And, don’t forget to promote to your groups!
- Leave your mark. Be sure people know to look for you on LinkedIn. Place your link in your signature, on your e-mails, your biz cards, your site and anywhere else your prospects might be looking. It’s not enough to be there, you have to let people know!
LinkedIn is seen as a social site geared more toward professionals. The conversations tend to be more straight forward without the fluff you see on Facebook and Twitter. (No personal pictures of your kids, your dinner, or your vacation) You will find LInkedIn to be the place for business people!
The best part?
They are all ready to get down to the business of business.
Networking is the game.
Go play . . .