Happy New Year!
Are you making resolutions for your business today? Or at least some kind of plan for growth during this new year?
Here are some quick tips to jump start your biz for 2011:
- Write down exactly what your business is all about. Some call this a mission statement. Did you know some people aren’t even sure who their target market is? Know what you sell and who you are going to sell to!
- Fine tune your marketing plan. Have a definite strategy for your marketing efforts. Some of the best online marketing is done through blogging, social media, and article writing.
- Working from home? It is crucial that you carve out your business space – preferably away from any and all family activities. Noise is not your friend and you need a place with a minimal amount of distractions.
- Write down your financial goals. There is something concrete about the written word. Once you write it down, claim it and own it, the forward movement toward it is much easier!
- Find an accountability partner. This needs to be someone you trust and will let you share you goals and call you out if you are not performing.
- Surround yourself with positivity. This can be in the form of a wall plaque, a paperweight, a picture. Mine is a simple saying, “She thought she could and she did!”
- Find a mentor or coach. Copy and learn from them. Their insights are invaluable because they’ve already “been there.” Word of caution: Don’t pick a coach blindly. Get recommendations from people who have completed the program and actually achieved results.
- Listen to CD’s or watch videos of successful people. Listen to how they did it. Their enthusiasm will help you stay enthusiastic too!
- Focus. If this is your first time starting a business or your first time working out of your home, know that discipline is key. To keep your biz running smoothly, you have to keep your head in the game.
- Attend a seminar this year. Take the time to saturate yourself with knowledge of online marketing and to network with other marketers. Seminars are one of the few places you will find people “just like you.” You will leave with more knowledge than you thought possible and a new network of colleagues to boot!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You weren’t born knowing how to walk and you weren’t born knowing how to get the business running and growing. Ask if you need to. (your coach is the logical person)
- Continue your education. Read books, go to online webinars, teleseminars, etc. and learn, learn, learn. The more you know, the more successful you will be.
I hope your 2011 is the most prosperous ever! There is one key that will make it all fall into place. You have to take action! Get out there and follow your plan. Success will follow you!