Would you like to have an incredibly popular, well-read blog?
Most bloggers would answer a resounding YES!
But here’s the problem . . .
You have to blog on a consistent basis. I mean several times a week, especially in the beginning and frankly, more than just a little motivation is involved. You need a LOT! It’s a fact. Your blog can’t become well-known without something being put on the page on a regular basis!
I’m passionate about blogging, but sometimes I just don’t feel like it. Know what I mean? When that happens, I have a few trusty tips I use to get myself back in the swing of it all.
Quick and Easy Motivational Tips:
- Recall your area of expertise. Blog about a favorite topic in your niche that you really enjoy and actually know more than a little something about! In short, write about what you know. Too many are trying to write about something they haven’t even done yet and the words just don’t resonate! For example, if you are telling people how to write the best, most lucrative e-book on the planet, be sure you already have one out there! Writing about a familiar topic does wonders for your motivation and it’s a no-brainer for picking up interested readers. Believe me, they can tell when you are passionate!
- Visualize your ideal reader. Think about who they are, what they look like, and why in the heck they want to read your blog. Write to that main reader. It’s so easy to stay motivated when you feel like you are giving your favorite reader the information they can’t live without! And, don’t the blogs you repeatedly frequent, feel like they are written just for you? Enough said.
- Compose a schedule. I know. Many of you work-at-home types simply hate to think about schedules. That’s OK, but if you’re having real difficulties with motivation and seriously not getting it done, you need to give it a whirl. Scheduling that one hour a day (or two) for blogging will help you sit still and churn it out. Trust me.
- Keep a notepad handy. Have you noticed how the most brilliant blog post ideas will come to you in the strangest places? The car, the grocery line, while bathing the dog, you name it. They sometimes show up at the most inopportune moments! Write them down as soon as it’s feasable and before you know it, you’ll find your ideas far exceed your blogging needs! And, those spontaneous ideas usually result in some of the most delicious posts. Can we say, popular with readers?
- Keep moving forward. Here’s one of my favorite quotes from the late Conrad Hilton: “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” The point here is to keep going. Blog when you don’t “feel” like it. Blog because you know your consistency will produce tremendous results. Keep moving!
Motivation is usually nothing more than establishing good habits and sticking with them. The rockstar bloggers already know that. Go on now, cultivate those cool new habits. We’ll be looking for your incredibly popular blog!