Everybody wants to increase traffic to their site and one of the best tools out there is Twitter.
Twitter is still my favorite social media site because it is so quick and easy. Here’s a few great tweeting tips that will help you drive traffic to your site:
- Always use your link. This sounds so simple, yet is overlooked very often. Every tweet should not be promotional, but remember, the goal is to get people over to your site. They can’t click on if the link ain’t there!
- Tweet often. I would never advise you to stay on Twitter all day long. It can turn into a time buster. But you do need to tweet several times a day with your link in order to cover people in different time zones. Yes, you can automate if you’d like (I don’t), but if you just check in a few times a day, you can get the job done!
- Know your followers. You know what your followers expect and want from you. Let me guess. Good content? Give them a reason to click over to your site. Have awesome content in your tweets!
- Ask your followers to Re-Tweet. So few people think of just asking for what they want. Your Twitter followers are more than happy to re-tweet your links as long as you return the favor. It’s a great way to bring more targeted traffic to your site!
- Critique anyone? This one works if you have something new on your site. Just tweet out that you would like people’s opinion. Folks can’t resist going to check it out!
- Hashtags rock! When looking for new and targeted traffic, search out hashtags being used with some of the keywords from your niche. (Just put the # sign in front of the keyword in the Twitter search area).
- Make the last tweet count. Every time you finish a Twitter session, end it with a tweet that includes a link to your site. That tweet may be seen many, many times by followers logging on while you are busy running your biz.
Twitter is a fantastic social media tool that can be used to generate traffic for you. There’s no secret to it. Just remember that you have a chance to engage with people “in the moment.” Join in a quick conversation, add your link, and get ready for more eyeballs looking at your site!
p.s. Want more Twitter tips? Got ‘em here for you: Best Tweet Tips
Related Posts: Twitter Giver or Twitter Taker?