Are you overwhelmed by the number of projects sitting on your desk that are not completed?
Do you have products almost finished? Have an unpleasant task to do that you keep putting off?
Join the club!
Even though there’s security in numbers, to keep your business moving forward, you simply have to be productive. That’s why I’ve compiled. . . . . .
Tips to Improve Productivity
- Plan. Make a to-do list and stick to it. Make the list do-able. I make my list the night before. That seems to help because when I start my day, there’s no wondering about what I’m to do. I also use the “rule of six.” I put no more than six important items on my list. Realistically, that’s all I can do in in one day!
- Just Say No. Interruptions and distractions can be very enticing, especially if you are working from home. Learn where you are most vulnerable and say a big, fat “no!” If you have to, turn that cell phone off.
- Work in blocks. Time blocks, that is. For example, you might want to work in 2-hour sessions, taking a 15 minute break after each one. I mean a real break — get up and move around, take a walk, etc.
- One at a Time. See a project through to completion. Do not try to focus on more than one project at a time. Believe me, going back and forth is detrimental to your productivity.
- Outsource. If it’s a matter of having something on your list that you continually are putting off, consider delegating it to someone else. You may have to spend a little money but what you will save in time and aggravation is priceless.
Now, I know it’s Monday. That’s the very day to start using these tips. Your day will begin to flow and your week will be much smoother!