Does your blog sing? Stand up and shout?
Yes. . . . . Maybe. . . . . . Well, not sure.
Take a look at these five easy tips to improve your blog:
- Be sure it’s readable. I don’t mean the grammar, although you should try and be somewhat efficient there. I’m talking about fonts. Black easy-to-read fonts on white backgrounds are the way to go. Get colorful elsewhere!
- There’s a form? There should be some kind of form to your blog and it needs to be consistent. Be sure the text has “breaks” in it so it’s easier to follow. Someone even suggested to me that no paragraph should be longer than four sentences. I sorta like that! Try it and see if you get more readers to stay on your blog awhile. You can see my “breaks” in this post with the bolded, indented text.
- Looking for the Opt-In. If your readers have to hunt for a way to subscribe, chances are, they won’t! You don’t want to lose potential subscribers. Make it easy! You will see mine to the right side of this post. (If you are not subscribed, now would be the time!)
- Get social. Ok, you knew this was coming! Be sure you are connected to all social sites and include the buttons on your blog so your readers can easily follow you. On this blog, you can easily find my Twitter, Facebook,etc. buttons, to the right of my Opt-in box. The RSS feed is at the bottom of the header and further down, you will see my “Follow This Blog” also. In other words, get social and let people know it! (Again, good time to connect with me socially if you’ve not done so!)
- Let’s Talk! Be sure you welcome comments. Join in the conversation yourself too. That’s one part of my blog that I thoroughly enjoy. The ideas and energy from others keeps my own creative juices flowing!
Wasn’t that easy?
If your blog needs a few tweaks, you now know what to do!
p.s. I almost forgot: There’s a little “share” button right below this! Don’t forget to add that and if you like this post, I’d appreciate a little “sharing!” LOL