Not always sure what works and what doesn’t in online marketing? Friday seems like a good day to have a “What’s Hot and What’s Not” list! Here’s my take:
- Outsourcing — this is an area where many, many new marketers cringe. They have the assumption that letting anyone else help them is not cost effective. Au contraire, Pierre. Why not outsource a small project (maybe a graphic, a blog clean up, product research?) and see for yourself. While some of the mundane is being done, you can work on bigger and better things.
- Submitting articles – this is still a fantastic way to gain more online visibility not to mention backlinks to your site. Who doesn’t want that?
- Blogging — Is hotter than ever! Even the big boys like Southwest Airlines (Nuts About Southwest), Johnson & Johnson (jnjbtw) , and the heavily populated Facebook (The Facebook Blog) are all on the band wagon. What can I say? It’s piping hot!
- Relational social media – Can you say “sizzling hot?” Jump on this band wagon the right way and your biz will soar. Twitter is still the fastest and easiest. Facebook is the most popular. Real people are behind those faces and they want real interaction. Do it!
- Jack of all trades — Trying to do it all yourself just doesn’t work. You will be climbing a very steep hill for a relatively long time!
- Thinking article marketing is dead — it’s not. It works. Enough said!
- Putting off writing a blog — What are you waiting for? Continuing to procrastinate will not make the phenom go away! Blogging is what’s happening. People LOVE blogs. More and more, they are getting helpful information from blogs. Get out there and start communicating with the world! (and remember, a nice, simple, straight-forward blog is better than NO blog!) Need help? Click on my freebie to your right
- Too much automation — In the social networking sphere, that is. I’m all for technology making our lives simple and I love automation within reason. But too much already!! It has become overused by people who only promote themselves. Please, make your conversations a two-way street! Let there be a real person in real time behind most of those tweets!
So, there you have my list of “hots and nots.” No, it may not be as much fun as the “hots and nots” of the red carpet walkers, but it’s a good list for all you VIP online marketers!