Do you feel like you have totally run out of ideas for finding blog content that ROCKS?
I mean, you are completely in love with your niche, but all that writing and thinking about writing can seem like a drag some days.
In the world of blogging, content rules! To have a successful blog, you need plenty of fresh content and interesting topics that resonate with your readers.
Writing it all yourself is one option but finding great content that is usable that you don’t have to create all by yourself (who else likes a day off?) is always a smart way to go too!
A few ideas:
- Interviews – These can be done in a variety of ways. Over the phone and then having it transcribed for a post is the obvious. But, here’s a quicker and easier way – prepare several inquiring-minds-want-to-know questions for your expert, have them answer them through an e-mail at their leisure and bam! Blog post extraordinaire!
- Guest Bloggers – Raise your hand if you like having your work done for you! Guest bloggers bring so much to the table. Fresh content, a new audience, and variety for your blog. Hint: Don’t forget to ask your guest blogger to promote the post! Here’s an example of how I used the interview/guest blogger simultaneously: Guest Blog Success
- Public Domain – Yes, there is free, reusable content out there waiting for you to find and use it. The best place to find public domain articles? Project Gutenberg
- PLR – Stands for “Private Label Rights” and is content you pay a small fee for, is usually written by professional writers and ready for you to use. I do suggest tweaking it a bit and putting a pinch of your own words in there to make it your own. It’s a quick way to get quality content and gives you that freedom to go do something besides write your blog that day! My recommendation is Easy PLR by Nicole Dean because it’s top quality and reader friendly!
- Video – People LOVE watching videos! This alone should be an incentive to use a video for your blog content. You can do it yourself or use one from Youtube. It doesn’t get much easier than that! Yes, I’ve done it. (Martha on Youtube)
OK, now you know how you can put your pencil down for a while. You don’t have to create all that luscious content on your site. You just have to know where to find the content that rocks!