It was one of those freak accidents.
Missed a step going out my back door and took a tumble onto the concrete garage floor. Tried to brace the fall and ended up with a broken arm.
Anyway. . . while being forced to keep my arm above my heart (!), I’ve learned a few things. Of course, I’ve turned it into a nice little wisdom list for all you entrepreneurs out there! Here’s what my broken arm has taught me so far:
- A good system in place will keep working when you can’t.
- Having a VA is essential. OK, I already knew this, but it was re-emphasized!
- Audio ROCKS! If I can get it done by talking, I’m all about it.
- Some things can wait. I’m grateful for this little realization.
- Patience. Typing with one hand can be a witch. Slow and cumbersome are words that don’t do it justice! I’m still learning to embrace patience.
- You can still get a response with short e-mails.
- Technology rules. Two words: Dragon Dictation.
And last but not least, I learned that entrepreneurs are flourishing in every niche. Getting bored with my traditional splint and sling, and thinking there must be a way to make it more attractive and pretty, a Google search turned up FashionCastCovers.com. Who KNEW?
Have an amazing day!