Twitter is my favorite social media platform and continues to be one of the most effective avenues to send your messages out to the world. Here’s a few of my favorite tips that you might find helpful!
- Be interesting – You know what that means. Keep the focus off yourself! Let your tweets be something that others will benefit from. And be consistent. If your niche is new Moms, they will probably love the quick and easy dinner recipes but maybe wonder what the heck if you start talking about SEO and keywords. In other words, be interesting to your audience!
- Be interested – Having agenuine interest IN your followers will make you a Twitter superstar. Remember to be generous with the re-tweets and recommendations. It’s a way of saying, “I like what you’re doing and I want to share it with others.”
- Don’t complain – Your mother was right. Nobody wants to hear it!
- Constantly network – Want people to connect with you? Let them know how! Be sure others know you want to connect on Twitter and the other social platforms. And while you’re spreading the word there, be sure your Twitter profile includes a current picture and your bio has a link to your site with a call to action!
- Watch your stream – Curious about who unfollowed you or doesn’t even follow you at all? Check out JustUnfollow.com It’s a great way to clean up your Twitter stream. Go ahead. . . unfollow those who aren’t engaging with you! It leaves more room for your real fans!
Bonus Tip: Do not buy Twitter followers. Never. It’s silly and unproductive. If you tweet useful links, give informative and well-writen content, engage often, add value to conversations, and re-tweet others, you’ll attract your target audience!
Go now! Get out there and have a twittering good time!
p.s. Don’t forget, if we aren’t connected yet: Martha On Twitter