It’s a biggie. Credibility.
Every business has to have it but how do you build it? Especially if you are a new and not-quite-made-it-yet business?
For starters, begin from day one working on it!
Decide on the front end what you stand for, what you offer, what type of guarantees you’ll put in place, and how you’ll handle customer service. All those factors will eventually lead to the world’s perception of you and your products!
Did you see that one coming? Most don’t.
Credibility = Reputation.
You want to build a solid foundation so your reputation will be stellar and others will vouch for your greatness.
Again, it’s all about them. What your customers think of your products. That is what credibility is all about. It’s their word, not yours.
Yes, you can toot your horn til you are blue in the face but until someone actually buys something from you or uses your services, you really don’t have any business credibility yet.
What to do, what to do?
As soon as you have that first satisfied customer, ask for a recommendation. Testimonials are the bomb! Other people’s words about you and your biz are the lifeline to establishing your credibility.
Here’s some quick ideas to making it all happen:
- Always be professional - this should be a no-brainer but I’m still putting it first.
- Write articles – Submitting articles is a sure-fire way to let people know you are an expert.
- Have a superior product - Once the word is out, you are good to go!
- Ask for the testimonial – It’s that simple. People are willing to toot your horn so let them!
- Use photos – I’m talking about photos of you and the heavyweights in your niche. If you’ve attended a workshop, seminar, or book signing, get that picture and use it! Remember, who you know can give you great credibility!
- Press Releases – Get the word out.
- Comment on Blogs – This is so overlooked but can give you such quick bang for the buck! You will begin to be noticed by others as an expert and they will follow to your site. These folks can become your biggest cheerleaders. That totally helps your credibility!
- Use Social Media – Anyone surprised? Keep letting folks know you are able to solve their problem. This is where the rubber can meet the road reputation-wise. Be smart.
Build your credibility and you’ll be building a business that flows in profits.
I know you can do it!