Twitter is one of the most effective ways to get your message out to the world. If you want the most bang for your buck, here are a few tips that might help!
- Be interesting – Your tweets need to consist of 140 characters that are helpful and interesting to your followers. For example, if you are tweeting mainly to build your real estate business, those recipes and beauty tweets might not be appreciated. However, if your niche is focused on Moms, those mouth watering cookies and quick make-up tricks will probably resonate!
- Be interested – A genuine interest IN your followers will make you a Twitter star. Be kind and generous with the re-tweets and recommendations. It’s a way of saying, “I like what you’re doing and I want others to take note.”
- Don’t be a complainer – Your Momma was right. Nobody likes one!
- Spread the word – Want people to connect with you? Let them know it! Put it on your business card, your e-mail signature, blog, Facebook page, etc. Be sure others know you want to connect on Twitter. And while you’re spreading the word there, be sure your Twitter profile includes a current picture and your bio has a link to your site!
- Pay attention to your stream – Want to know who unfollowed you or doesn’t follow you at all? Check out JustUnfollow.com It’s a great way to clean up your Twitter stream. Go ahead. . . unfollow those who aren’t engaging with you!
Bonus Tip: Never buy Twitter followers. It’s silly and unproductive. If you tweet useful links, good content, and re-tweet others, you’ll attract your target audience!
Now, go out there and have a twittering good time!
p.s. Let’s connect: Martha On Twitter