Is your blog bossy? When people land on your page, do they know what to do or are they left guessing what’s behind the mystery doors?
When you think of “bossy,” do you think overbearing, demanding and/or pushy?
Well, get rid of that kind of thinking and go with this:
My blog may seem a little bossy but while you’re here, you’ll know exactly what you can do!
Reach out to your blog visitors and give them some direction!
Try these tips . . . .
- Have a very descriptive tag line. Let people know exactly what the blog is all about. If a first time visitor arrives and can’t get a quick clue as to why they should stay, they will click off quicker than you can say your name!
- Blog titles. Your readers need to know right away that the information you are sharing is for them. Let your titles show that!
- Point the way. You have to tell them what to do. You have to say, “Do you have my freebie? Click here.” “Do you want my newsletter? Sign up here.” Do you want e-mails from me? Click here.” Folks like directions!
- Check your tabs. Are they clear? Do you have an “about me” or “about this blog” where people can find out more? Don’t make them have to look. Your tabs should be clean and concise.
- Let’s communicate. Is it easy to find where to leave a blog comment and do you say, “leave your comment?” Do you want people to connect with you on social media sites? You’ve gotta tell them. Do you think my “Let’s connect” on the right side bar with the social media links leads to more interaction?
The goal of most bloggers is to communicate with their readers. Forget what your momma said about being bossy. Sometimes, it’s downright good!