One thing I’ve learned from my years as an online marketer. Nothing beats credibility and visibility to increase profitability!
Whether you offer products or services, one thing is for sure. People have to be able to find you. If you follow a few proven methods, nothing could be easier!
Ways to boost your credibility and visibility:
- Become the expert. You know exactly what problems your products or services solve. Get out there and tell people about it. Answer any and all questions in your niche and let folks know you have thorough knowledge AND cutting edge ideas about your subject matter. Put yourself out there as the “go-to” authority!
- Use your head shot everywhere. It’s true. People remember what they see over and over. Be sure you use the same picture in all places (social media, blog, ads, etc.) so that you will become a familiar face and will be quickly recognizable. HINT: Keep it updated.
- Say “yes” to opportunities. Be open to guest blogging, presenting, speaking, participating in webinars, teleseminars, you name it. The more you put yourself out there, the more opportunities will knock!
- Develop your own style of communicating. The goal is to stand out in the crowd. If you are funny, sprinkle that comedy around to your advantage. If you tell fascinating stories, use those whoppers to set yourself apart. In other words, let your personality shine!
- Build relationships. This is one area where you never stop. Always be “real” and authentic and others will help boost your credibility. Forming bonds and relationships takes time but is well worth the effort! Having someone else recommend you is priceless!
- Make it easy. To be found, that is. Whether it’s on your biz card or through social media, be sure people know how to find you and how to get to your main site. One easy way to connect with folks quickly is by using FullyFollow.me.
- Toot your own horn. As my Daddy used to say, “Nobody’s gonna toot it for you!” Don’t be afraid to promote yourself. Remember, you’re looking for credibility and visibility here. Tell people about your next project, product, or appearance. Here’s an example of my own horn tooting on my local ABC TV station: Martha Giffen Interview
- Write a book. You didn’t see that one coming? I know. This one is tricky but here’s the thing: If you really are the expert and you’ve honed your writing skills on your blog, it’s an incredible way to build your credibility. In my own case, my best selling Be Social Be Rich opened many more lucrative doors for me. I’m just saying think about it.
Now, I could almost feel the credibility and visibility rise as I was writing this and thinking about all the ways to get my message out there.
What about you?