Does your blog stand out and have people waiting in line to read? Or are you having trouble getting your own Mom to drop by? We all want our blogs to sizzle but way too often we find they just fizzle.
It doesn’t have to be so!
To give your blog that quick kick in the pants it needs to bring in readers and keep the readers, how about making sure you have some of these tips in place?
- First things first. Who is the blog for? My guess is, it’s for your reader. At least, it started out that way, right? Be careful not to take side-trips and get distracted while you’re writing. Remember, it’s always about giving the best content you can for your reader.
- Be authentic. I’ve said this so often on this blog, I’m even tired of hearing my own voice BUT it is what will make your blog sizz instead of fizz. You can’t fake it. Be who you are and speak in your authentic voice. That will attract your readers.
- Unclutter. Sometimes it’s about what the house looks like when visitors come calling. If they have to hunt for your post through tons of ads, blinking lights, and whistle calls, chances are, nobody’s going to stick around. Keep your site neat. It’s fine to have your affiliate links, your products, etc. on your site but use good judgement. When you go to visit Aunt Clara, you don’t want to have to move a load of laundry to find your seat on the coach.
- Be consistent. OK, I understand you don’t have time or energy to post every single day. I’m in the same boat. However, I do think three to four times a week is necessary. Just like writing your blog becomes a habit to you, so does reading your blog to your audience. Make sure you give them consistent content.
- Let’s talk! When you receive comments, are you quick to answer or do you ignore? Believe me, the most visited blogs are hosted by people who are having a ball in their comments section. They are getting to know their readers and interacting. Be social!
- Respect time. Believe me, nobody wants to spend hours reading a blog post. There is no need to go on and on about a subject. Learn how to condense the topic down. After all, your reader’s time is valuable too.
How about it? Does your blog need a little revamping? If so, make the necessary changes and get out there and heat it up!