Social networking is all the rage and there seems to be no end in sight. If you’ve not taken the plunge, Twitter is the easiest and quickest way to get started.
Twitter has great benefits for your online business. Did you know several businesses have actually been founded while using Twitter? Ideas circulating can be a great source of inspiration for many entrepreneurs!
- Real-time notification. Twitter is in the “here and now.” For example, a Washington, DC cupcake company tweeted to its followers where they would be with fresh cupcakes. As soon as they arrived, the cupcakes sold out! The same can happen with your online biz. Announce on Twitter that you are running a special on a popular product and you might see sales sky-rocket!
- Continual branding. Twitter is a great place to continue putting your brand out there. Remember to have your Twitter background continue your logo and colors of your website. Your picture, bio and contact information need to be displayed also.
- Quick research. Have you ever wondered what the public might be thinking about a certain product? Why not conduct a poll using Twitter? People are much more likely to respond to a quick, spontaneous question than they would be to opening an e-mail and spending time answering a cumbersome questionnaire.
- Future partnerships. One of the most compelling aspects of twitter for your online biz is the possibility of meeting prospective joint venture partners. In today’s economic environment businesses create a win-win for themselves and customers by virtue of being able to do more as a team, as opposed to going it alone.
- Recommendations and referrals. People that follow you on Twitter are interested in your products or business. That means you can usually count on them to recommend you to their followers, support your events and activities, and help you gain more momentum. Here’s a little secret: Don’t be afraid to ask your followers to retweet your links! A word of advice: Always return the favor. If someone is promoting you to their followers, do the same for them! The Golden Rule rules!
All in all, Twitter offers online businesses a variety of benefits. And just like the situation comedy Cheers, you want everyone to know your name!
p.s. Need Twitter help? Check out my class: Tweet With Martha