Author’s Note: It is my pleasure to bring to you today top affiliate marketer and expert at making money online, Sheila Atwood as our guest blogger. Enjoy!
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest and most profitable ways to make money online. But it is also one area that is way too easy to be overwhelmed. Since it is one of the best ways to make money, it has attracted a lot of Internet marketers with the hottest new system.
What is an affiliate?
An affiliate is someone who promotes a product or service to potential customers, in exchange for a commission on the sale when one occurs.
Why would you want to be an affiliate marketer? Why promote someones product? Don’t you make more money selling you own products?
My answer is, Why Not!
- It is easy. You can locate products no matter what niche you are in.
- It is a stream of income. Although you may have your own products, being an affiliate for others is another way to add to your income.
- I promote you – You promote me. You can network with others in your niche and promote each others products. This can be done with guest posting, webinars, placing ads on each others sites and interviews.
- You can start today. You do not have to worry about creating a product, sales page or find a shopping cart method.
Finding Digital Products To Sell
Clickbank: Is probably the largest digital product market place. They have made it easy to get started, for both merchants and affiliates. They do all of your bookwork and handle all of the payments.
Because Clickbank is so big, it has attracted some products that may not be up to the standards you are looking for. Be sure to check out every product you plan to promote.
Your niche: Look at others in your niche, they may have products you would love to promote. You can find some niche buddys on forums or use your niche in your search terms “yourniche+affiliates”. Be sure to put the parenthesis around your search terms.
Finding Physical Products To Sell
Your niche may lend itself more to physical products. For example, body building, kids entertainment, gardening or office design.
Here is a quick video that shows you how to find physical affiliate products.
Well, that is easy enough. You can simply search some of your favorite sites and check to see if they have an affiliate program. Most big companies do.
Why Amazon Is My Favorite Affiliate Program
- Commissions: They pay some of the highest commissions for products.
- Reputation: Amazon has earned and deserves its reputation as the top site for purchasing products online.
- Conversions: You will get high conversions with Amazon. Because they know how to get that buyer to click the buy button.
- WordPress Easy:With WordPress plugins it is sooooo easy to add Amazon products to your site. Take a look at the Amazon Widget Martha has in her sidebar.
Why would you want to be an affiliate marketer? Why promote someones product?
Sheila writes for NewbieLifeline.com, a site dedicated to Internet marketing for beginners. She also teaches WordPress for newbies. If you need help to set up your WordPress site be sure to contact her!