Do you ever feel like you are posting your heart out on the social media sites, only to be met with the sound of . . . well, nothing? It could be you just need a quick, easy-to-remember tip sheet on how to increase your social media engagement!
Here’s my top 7 ways:
- Don’t be boring. If you post the same old, same old, people will soon tune out. Mix it up with videos, images, surveys, etc. to keep it interesting! (of course, it goes without saying that your content is always stellar, so I’m leaving that one alone!)
- Be consistent. Post daily and at regular intervals. A silent stream will quickly be ignored.
- Ask questions. People love to be included in the dialog and one great way to get it started is by asking a simple question. Note: Be sure they can’t answer with a “yes” or “no.” That really does nothing for social engagement.
- Use fill-in-the-blank posts. Who doesn’t like to play this game? It’s a very quick, easy, and effective way to engage your audience.
- Ask for feedback. When posting your link, say WHY you are posting and ask your reader for their opinion. Yes, sometimes it’s as simple as just asking!
- Pay attention. To what you’re posting, that is. Useful and informative content will spark engagement. A constant stream of promotions will not. Just sayin’.
- Be yourself. In the end, that’s what REALLY pulls people towards you. Authenticity can’t be stressed enough. People can spot fake from miles away. Yes, even in print! If you are truly passionate about your niche, it will come through your posts! (I’ve even been known to write in my native Southern drawl, just so folks can “hear” me a little!)
Increasing social media engagement isn’t hard, but it does require some thought and planning on your part. Taking the time to hone your social media skills is well worth the effort!
Now, I’m curious . . .
What’s YOUR favorite technique to get that conversation started?