Business owners online are trying to figure out the most effective social media techniques for achieving their goals. After all, people are signing up for social media sites faster than you can blink an eye!
No matter what your goals are, there are key factors that will make your social media networking more effective.
Whether you are searching for your ideal client, trying to connect with a prospect, building your brand, or simply growing your social network, there are a few techniques that just plain work.
Seven of my favorite effective social media techniques:
- Be conversational. Do you know why this is number one on my list? Because it’s the MOST effective and the most overlooked. Ever since biz owners learned they could automate their social updates to save time, that’s what they’ve been doing. While I’m not against automation, it can never take the place of real conversation. Engagement. Connecting. Any of those words sound familiar? Try building a business without them. Won’t happen.
- Ask for what you want. If you are trying to spread your message, ask folks to share, Retweet, or reply. Sometimes, it’s that simple. Don’t over-complicate or over-think. Just ask.
- Pay attention. To hot topics and current events, that is. One of the easiest places to jump into a social media stream is during conversations about what’s going on the world right now. A great way to meet people. No, they may not need your services, but they just might know someone who does!
- Be consistent. There is no way people can have you at the top of their mind if they only see you a few times a month. Consistent means daily. Put something of value on social media sites every. single.day.
- Know your audience. This will save you time and energy, not to mention help you bring more profits into your business. What social media sites are your customers using? THAT is where you need to be. It really doesn’t matter if you are having Twitter conversations if all your prospective clients are all hanging out on LinkedIn.
- Adapt. While this isn’t actually a technique, it’s is helpful to remember when your former techniques aren’t working. Social media is changing daily. Always be ready to adapt.
- Always cross promote. Chances are, while your target market may not be using all social media outlets, they are using more than one. Or they are going from your website to your Facebook page to your blog to your free offer. Leave links to all relevant places.
Think about what your purpose for using social media is, and adopt these techniques to put yourself on the road to success.
And, since this post is about highly effective social media ideas that work, I have to ask. Would you please be so kind as to Like, Tweet, Share or Comment on this post?
My blog grows with your help. Thank you. It takes a village . . .