If you think it’s just another social site, think again. The site is a gold mine if you are looking for ways to help your business grow!
LinkedIn has a very different purpose from other social sites such as Facebook and Twitter. It was created for business people to connect with each other, share information, networks, and ideas.
It is SO much more!
Here are the key reasons I think LinkedIn is such a beneficial site:
- Building relationships WITHIN your industry. Sometimes what we don’t know hurts us. LinkedIn can help you find associations in your particular niche that you might be unaware of. Knowledge is power.
- Recommendations. It’s no secret that recommendations from satisfied clients can help you grow your credibility and your bottom line. Any place you have an opportunity for your satisfied customers to give a shout out is a good place! Folks can get quick evaluations of your work and can help you acquire new clients through online recommendations.
- Securing collaborative partners. Because LinkedIn is business oriented, you are very likely to find that person interested in partnering with you on that new project.
- Blog Links. Link your blog to your LinkedIn profile and folk can easily click over to your site. An added bonus: Your blog posts will show up on your LinkedIn page also. So, your potential clients can quickly scan and see your content. Your posts can also be shared from within LinkedIn. Hint: Another reason to write quality content.
- Groups. Part of the magic of LinkedIn. You can join groups where your expertise is needed, start your own group to grow your community, or find a group that will help your knowledge base grow. Again, these are serious business people and the conversations tend to stay on track. Not much fluffy chit-chat going on.
- Promote your events. Have a live event, webinar, teleseminar, etc. coming up? You can easily let your contacts know.
- Endorsements. The newest tool on LinkedIn, this new-kid-on-the-block makes it oh so easy for others to zoom in one your specific skills to recommend with one click. Easy peasy.
175 million (and growing) members!
How’s THAT for an awesome statistic? LinkedIn is the happening place for business owners and top executives to build their networks within their industries. As an entrepreneur, you need to be there.
p.s. We are all in this together. . . . . don’t forget to connect with me! http://linkedin.com/in/marthagiffen