Everybody recognizes it when they see it, but it’s usually so subtle, it’s happened before you know it! That’s what happened to me. The first time someone said, “I see you everywhere”, I laughed! Then I almost cried! They were saying I had achieved some kind of online visibility success!
Check it out!
There’s one way for you to find out if you’re really “out there” on the web and that’s to simply google yourself! If you google my name, Martha Giffen, you will see hundreds of thousands of results.
Here’s how I did it and you can too:
- Profile photo – I know. I’ve said this so often, I hate to hear my own voice again, but this one’s an absolute. Put your photo on everything you do online. And I’m talking about a recent picture. Leave out the kids and the pets too. Need to know how those blog comments can have a picture that follows you around? Gravatar.com
- Blog comments – And while we’re on the subject, commenting on other blogs is a great place to leave your mark. Yes, sometimes it can seem like a tedious task but in my opinion, well worth the time and effort. Especially if you are serious about your online visibility! It’s a great way to begin building relationships and start being seen.
- Be a giver – People will begin to notice you more as you continue to share relevant and interesting content. And yes, sharing the links of others is really cool too!
- Youtube – I know. I’m still slower than most on this one but it definitely increases your visibility. And it can be quick! People love videos and you never know which ones will end up being “viral.” You can see my first attempt here: Martha’s Youtube
- Social Media – Consistency is the name of the game here. It’s not just OK to be on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, you really have to consistently say something! Don’t be shy. Put your helpful links out there daily. Yes, daily. Like brushing your teeth.
In the final analysis, your online visibility is in your own hands. You can choose to get out there and make yourself known or sit in the corner with a little website or blog that never gets noticed.
Decide if you want your business to soar and then get out there and make it happen!