Well, it IS expanding daily and CAN seem overwhelming at times, but I believe in keeping it simple.
How about five simple Social Media tips that you can actually implement right now? That get results.
- Be more than happy, ready and willing to share. I’m talking about other people’s content. I’m putting this as the number one tip because I think it has one of the highest impacts. While sharing relevant content is great for your followers, it also carries the added bonus of creating goodwill with other bloggers, writers, video pros, etc. This one task will come back to you tenfold! Sharing is caring.
- Don’t simply copy and past your blog post URL into your status updates. Give a quick reason WHY someone would want to read it. A short teaser or juicy comment will prompt engagement.
- Be consistent. It sounds so easy, yet many overlook this crucial component. Besides helping you maintain visibility, posting at regular intervals shows you ARE on top of your game and staying up-to-date within your niche. You will quickly become the go-to person on the radar!
- Use your unique voice. Sprinkle your own tidbits as only YOU can do. In other words, be real. Write like you talk. Make your social media updates conversational. It works!
- Respond. Whenever someone tweets, re-tweets, or leaves a comment on your status, do the courtesy of answering. If you are truly interested in social media as a relational tool, this is key. Simply respond back!
Social Media is growing deeper and wider every day. Don’t get bogged down in all the hoopla. Jump in there, keep it simple, implement these tips daily, and you’ll start seeing results. Be sure and come back and let me know how it’s going!