If you want to be a dynamite social media marketer, you’ve come to the right place!
It’s not enough to join every social media platform rolling down the road. In fact, that is probably one of the worst plans to become really savvy at social networking.
Here’s 5 Secrets Smart Social Media Marketers Know:
- It’s not your parents’ meet and greet! No longer are people tied into the local civic club breakfast or the new prospect lunch. BUT, smart marketers are utilizing offline avenues to take their marketing relationships to deeper levels. (did that sound like a sappy movie? sorry!) You can bet the savvy marketers are communicating on the phone, through Skype, at events, meetups, etc. That’s where the real magic is!
- Marketing is not selling. Volumes have been written on this subject but basically marketing is bringing the product to the attention of your audience. Selling is helping someone with their buying decision, overcoming their objections, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Be easily identified. On every social media platform, your picture needs to be the same. Your story needs to stay the same. Your message needs to be consistent. In other words, when they see you coming, there should be no guessing as to what you represent.
- It’s always about them. I’m talking about your audience. They really want to know how you can help them, that you care about them, and that you are genuine. All the scales should tip towards their needs and wants. Not yours.
- You can never be seen in too many places. Online visibility is the name of the game here. Be sure you create great content that others will want to share. The cream of the crop social media marketers let others do much of the work for them. They know that with consistent content that really helps others, the word will spread like wildfire.
It takes time to become a reputable social media marketer but by working smart and mastering a few techniques, you can master it in no time!
p.s. I just added my 100th social media tip on my FB page! Check it out: Martha’s Facebook Page