Ever wonder why some bloggers have a truckload of comments, tweets and likes? Why their readerships is always on the rise?
Think they are just smarter?
Probably not, but they do blog smart!
Here’s 5 Secrets Smart Bloggers Know (and you should too!):
- Keep it simple. That means words, paragraphs, and total length of your post. Leave your five (or more) syllable words at home, keep your paragraphs no more than 4 or 5 lines and your post a condensed version of what was originally in your brain.
- Make your post “skim friendly.” Of course, you want everybody to read every single word, but guess what? The skimmers don’t and won’t! Highlight your main points for them.
- Humor them. That would be your readers. Unless you are writing a dry, technical blog, come ON! People like to be entertained even as they are absorbing your excellent content!
- Sex sells! OK, this was to add the humor so you could see that #3 above works! No, I don’t sell sex on my blog or anywhere else and I’m not recommending you do either. Awake now?
- Routinely recommend. Other posts, other people, great products, free stuff, new features, appropriate sites, fun links — you name it. Be a giver!
- Be accessible. (this one is keeping me honest since the sex tip was really a no-tip!) Respond to your comments and e-mails. I know sometimes this can be a daunting task but I assure you, the best bloggers do it. With a smile!
Now, you know what the smart bloggers are doing. . . . .
Go, be smart!